Monday, December 17, 2012

I BELIEVE IN ANGELS

i don't remember who or where i heard
the saying
that it is in our challenges and trials
that we become acquainted with ANGELS
it is true

i have an ANGEL
that knocks at my door in the evenings
then disappears mystically into the night
but leaves a signature gift behind
clearly, our ANGEL is familiar with the song
"the twelve days of christmas"
so clever and well thought out
each generous and i mean generous gift
ties into the words of the carol
which also matches an essential need
and a great deal of fun

on the first day of christmas
a partridge in a pear tree 
and some gifts to buy some groceries
on the second day of christmas
2 turtle doves
became 16 bars of dove soap
on the third day of christmas
three french hens gave to me
a variety of french foods
(french fries, french toast, french vanilla ice cream)
the hens gave us lots of chicken noodle soup
and a gift card for harmons groceries

on the fourth day of christmas
my true love gave to me
4 calling birds, cats and a DOG
with a gift card to PETCO
and a darling necklace

i was just telling my parents
about this secret act of kindnes
when the knock came
oh the excitment

on the fifth day of christmas
five golden rings
five guys and fries
golden arches
gift card
and 
one from jamba juice

so to our unknown angel
you've filled my heart with love and hope

i have three words
wow
wow
wow








so clever
and love has filled my heart
for the unknown angel

thank you wherever you are

the groendyke family

No comments:

Post a Comment