Tuesday, September 25, 2012

QUESTION #4 - ONE FAVORITE BOOK

QUESTION #4

what is your favorite book?

another question
within a plethora of questions

if i am going for the BOOK
that brings great peace to me
my family, life everlasting
and the quality of my day
the BOOK of
 mormon
the BOOK that challenges
as to level of difficulty
is "jesus the christ"
by
 james e. talmage
jesus is always my favorite subject
the wording, the subject matter,
the intensity makes this BOOK a
challenge for me to read
i usually have to
read a page more than once

the BOOK that made a difference
in my thinking
"the peacegiver"
by
james l. ferrell
i had been taught to forgive
but a principle i learned
from this BOOK
was and is
withholding
  forgiveness
is like telling christ
what he did in gethsemene
and on the cross wasn't
enough for me to forgive
a certain act or person
(that includes forgiving myself)

the book that i have
given as a gift
"grandfather's 
gold watch"
by 
louise garff hubbard
a true story written
by one of my ancestors
throughout the BOOK
two questions are asked repeatedly
"what have you done with your name?
what have you done with your time?"
two questions asked regularly
may cause me to think
before acting

finally
"you are special"
by
max lucado
i care too much
about what others think,
which at times
can be paralyzing
i observe others
that dwell on their
imperfections
this BOOK reminds me
that it really only
matters what god thinks
he is my creator
he made me
i am the workmanship
of his hands and he doesn't make mistakes 

what is your favorite BOOK?






No comments:

Post a Comment