Sunday, September 15, 2013

THE STORM CHASER IN ME


i do not know when it happened...
my love and passion
for INCREDIBLE 
STORMS
i just know it did.
naturally,
i never wish for harm to be done.
my hope is to experience
what my finite mind
could never imagine
and then live to tell about it.
i believe
"STORM CHASER"
would be an adequate description for me
minus the equipment,
the training,
and knowlege of the making
of a perfect STORM
friday, the 13th of september
(yes...friday the 13th)
as i was leaving my classroom,
it was evident
that a STORM was brewing.
i had my camera in hand
determined to finally
capture the bold flowers
that greet me daily.
my eyes were distracted
by the dark sky
in the background
of the bright yellow flowers.
 an unusual shaped cloud appeared
immediately, i dropped everything,
grabbed my camera
and clicked away.
one of my childhood friends
witnessed many tornadoes.
she described
colors of purple and green...
there...hints and traces of purple and green
the cloud dipped 
towards the ground.
noah was waiting at his school
and so i could not follow it through to the end

the question...
was it just a strange cloud
or did i just observe
the spectacular?
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow design generated with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment