Friday, September 6, 2013

"I'M BEAUTIFUL...I LIKE MY HAIR !"


if i had the time,
i could write a book on all the interesting,
uncanny,
did that just really happen to my HAIR?
 experiences*

most often,
a trip to the salon
is never cheap
and to have mistakes fixed,
multiply the cost by three.

i finally found someone 
i
love
love 
love
betsy smith
at the salon in south jordan, utah
"I'M BEAUTIFUL "

in this place
red lipstick is emphasized
walls and walls
of  red lipstick quotes
it takes a confident woman
to wear bold red
and say
"I'M BEAUTIFUL "

(commercial break)
*science fair project
question: does red lipstick make you feel
more beautiful?
hypothesis: if women wear red lipstick,
then women will feel more beautiful
and in the very least have an attitude
that speaks volumes.
each new school year
begins with
a return to work pep rally
the big boss opened the meeting
with
jessica's affirmations
on youtube
(notice jessica's hair)

i realized then and there
i needed an attitude adjustment in the worst way

when it came time to select
the staff motto for the
t-shirt
(usually stems from a theme in the meeting)
naturally i wanted
"i like my hair...
i like my ELA's"
apparently everyone already loves their hair
and so we will be the "dream team"

but that did not stop me 
from my own personal mission statement:
it is on my pencils.
it is on my water bottles
and eventually
it will be on my countenance
mmmm....
maybe my new affirmation will be


"I'M BEAUTIFUL...
I LIKE MY HAIR


I WEAR RED LIPSTICK
AND GO BY
YES PRINCESS"


(to be continued)
*dorthy hamill gone wrong
boing! cute but annoying
mullet + spike = get me the heck out of here
plastic wig
bangs
burgundy? red? orange?
permanent (ly) damage(d)
paris adapter, curling iron disaster 
barbecue singed
head lice
a-line, page boy, pixie cut, what was i thinking?
blow drier fire
2 times, a stranger approach me to fix my hair!!


No comments:

Post a Comment