Tuesday, September 3, 2013

PRINCESS QUITE A LOT !

PRINCESS QUITE A LOT !
so one day
i am being a typical mom
“noah . . . did you do your homework?
please make your bed !
what do you mean you did not finish your homework ?
water the plants !
pick up the poops !
do it now ! !
read right this minute !
no ! no ! no ! “

clearly
i was missing the cue
on my little boy’s face
frustration
must have been building
because
in a rather condescending tone
i hear ,
“YES  PRINCESS !
“ princess ????
did this young man just call me Princess ? “
at first i was somewhat offended
(reasons beyond what i could write in this post)
okay. . .more than somewhat .

i reminded noah
in a not so princess like voice,
that if he had done

what he  knew he was supposed to do ,
then i would never have to bark out
requests . commands . orders .


several times since,

he has referred to me as princess . . .
that started my mind to pondering .
i am a princess
i am a daughter of god
i am a woman of noble birth
i am his mother
and so by all means
he can call me princess .
he can treat me as a princess
and i will be delighted
to be called
“Yes PRINCESS”
i was shopping for my primary
at seagull books .
in the young women section
there before my eyes
were earrings . . .

sparkly and in the shape of small crowns .
they had
“Yes PRINCESS”
written all over them
and so i did what any 
young princess would do . . .
i had to have them !
i wore them and i could feel the
princess magic
flow through my countenance.
WOWZA !
noah and i had the difficult morning routine .
as he stepped out of the car i implored,
“ no friends ! homewrk first ! “
to which he responded ,
“Yes PRINCESS”
i flipped my hair to reveal
the dangling crowns ,
“you better believe i am your

‘Yes PRINCESS’
with a roll of his eyes
he was out the door .
i rolled down the window
“ i love you ! 
have a wonderful day ”
he smiled ,
“Yes PRINCESS”
now , i have to take this 
pewter pumpkin
 of a vehicle
to work
and hope that my little creature friends 




will have my palace
in tip top condition
“Yes PRINCESS”

No comments:

Post a Comment