Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WHAT WILL I REMEMBER ON MEMORIAL DAY

it's a beautiful day
i am grateful to be alive
today is may 27, 2013
MEMORIAL day
a day to REMEMBER
i peek outside

the flags are waving
i put on my shirt

sure to help me REMEMBER
i set the timer so as not to miss
 participating in a national moment of silence
for our veterans
and those suffered and sacrificed for the freedom
i am enjoying
noah is reading to me at the table
plastic glasses with one plastic eyebrow ?

when the buzzer rings
it is 12:00 sharp
all action ceases and silence true silence commences

i am thinking about
matthew smith

and his
PROUD AMERICAN 
GOLD STAR MOM

to make this day MEMORABLE for my
son and his friends,
we ended the evening at jordan commons
to see the long awaited
"ironman"


No comments:

Post a Comment