Sunday, May 12, 2013

MOTHER'S DAY



a tribute to MOTHER'S everywhere
most especially
my own


100 words?
1000 words?
not even a 100,000,000,000 words
would be adequate for all the wondrous things that could be said about my
MOTHER
100 words would just not be suffice
nonetheless,
i tried...
even knowing
i do not need to win a contest 
to know that 
my MOTHER is truly the prize
i tried...
even knowing
i do not need accolades
for well penned words about my MOTHER'S
choices and quintessential qualities
i tried...
simply
to acknowledge MY MOTHER,
i tried...
so she
would know 
i would do anything to be able to get her something of value
in my "drummer boy" days
i tried...
so that my MOTHER would know
i think she is deserving of the contest

The Question was
What Makes Your Mom Special?
First thoughts:
you can't MAKE MOMS
they make YOU
and
you can't MAKE a MOM Special
and so my response followed:
"What Makes Your Mom Special?"

Nothing MAKES her special.
She just IS SPECIAL
and to the very core of her being.
Not only is she an outstanding MOTHER to me,
GRANDMOTHER to my son,
wife to my father,

daughter to her 96 year old MOTHER
and a friend to all,
but a light to all that cross her path
be it the mailman,
the woman taking her order at the DQ,
the maid in the hotel room,
the people in the waiting area...
even the robotic automated voice on the phone
loves it when my MOM calls.

Lady Di was the People's Princess
My Mom is the People's Mom
Thousands of miles all over the world
to be in attendance to the greatest and the smallest of events
all in efforts to show of her love and support
(and not just for her children
 
but to the many missionairies,
students,
youth,
nieces and nephews...)
while
always 
 a MOTHER of devotion.
Her JOY is giving happiness to her children.
She shares in their dreams, hopes, hurts, sicknesses, worries
and celebrations.
Others 
are all the better for having been in her presence
and she always leaves a place better than she found it.
Nothing she does is just ordinary,
in fact it is over the top extraordinairre.
My MOTHER
takes class to a whole new level.
No wonder she is invited to speak on
manners,
love,
and charity.

Do you know what a gift it is to venture out into the world
and have people tell me how much they love my MOM
 to never have to worry about my MOM
being an embarrassment
to have several wish my MOM had been their MOM?
If my MOTHER'S name were in a thesaurus
class
virtue
kindness
charity
happy
unselfish
genuine
caring
positive
hopeful
faithful
strong
humble
and many more synonyms would follow

I love you MOM
How on earth did I ever have the blessing and good fortune 
of belonging to you?
you are beaYOUtiful and beloved among MOTHER'S
and it is I
that GETS to call you
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment