Sunday, June 16, 2013

MON PERE. POPS. DADDY DEAR. FRIEND OF MINE. FATHER.

happy day to all
our 
out there !
i know for me personally,
i am thinking about my FATHER
and wondering...
how am i so blessed to be his daughter?
decades ago
we had a special DADDY daughter date
as i reminisce...my heart whispers 
how kind
how gentle
how loving
how fun
how spiritual
a true giant of a soul
and deliver of tender mercies
my DAD has always been by my side
a protector, a guide, a listener,
present at all the important events in my life
(i went to the same high school as my FATHER)
and all the not so important things,
he made them important
my FATHER taught me to love the lord
he baptismed and confirmed me 41 years ago
one of the hardest workers i ever did know,
in his business, the church, the community, the yard, the missionfield,
and yet the best of the best at being a family man
he is the ultimate example
of being the ultimate husband
my FATHER
still gets my mom's door for her,
she truly is his queen
everything from worry to pray,
laugh to love,
help to hope,
(in one year's time, we all NEEDED DAD and he never complained)
serve to sacrifice,
work to play,
listen to speak,
effort to compromise,
tears of sadness to tears of joy,
has produced the outcome of
50 years plus of marriage 
my FATHER
is the bomb when it comes to being a grandparent
i am pretty confident
that his grandchildren would say 
he ranks high on the
"best buds" list
he was there on noah's first birthday
and everyone
thereafter
he not only came to the party
he WAS the party
in fact
anytime grandpa comes
it is a PARTY
the scope of FATHERHOOD
reaches beyond the scope of family
to missionaries
byu idaho
and though today is FATHER'S day
and i am honoring my FATHER,
my FATHER
is also one heck of a brother
and he is an awesome friend
to grandma garff
father. husband. grandfather. mission president. bishop. patriarch. brother. son. uncle.
no matter the role or the title
he is always the best at what he does
(and he has a great sense of humor)
you want to know how funny
ask him about
*frozen turkey
*brain freeze
*wasabi
*microwave eggs
i spy with my little eye
silverfox of idaho falls
as the paris marriott bell hop
yellowstone national park's honorary ranger
star wars infamous darth vadar of the dark side
only this guy is so kind
that the plastic mask melted right off his face
the great american cowboy
bob barker's (of the price is right) competition
and yes,
santa claus
and the president of the united states :)
if i knew then,
what i know now,
i would have handed my FATHER a notebook
and requested a talley mark
for every mile driven,
every city visited,
every gas tank filled
every dollar spent out of the goodness of his heart

every grocery cart overflowing
every family recital, play, speech, graduation, birthday, game
(and i am talking grandchildren in four states)
every card 
(birthday, christmas, easter, valentine's mother's day, father's day, anniversary, congratulations, halloween, encouragement, get well, thinking of you, sympathy, graduation, baby, etc) written,
this is from a card that he sent me many years ago 
every wedding reception attended
every blessing given
every prayer offered
every heart lifted
every person influenced...
you get the idea

out of all my friends on facebook
he has the most
with a whopping 733

i am sure i speak for all...



(this card is accordian style and will wrap the earth four time and there will still be room enough
to give you a hug dad.

it is not a coincidence
my FATHER's last name
is
HART



























1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog! I am overwhelmed with your generous comments and so many wonderful photos. How do you do it? God has certainly blessed you with the talent of writing and blogging and putting together marvelous books. Thank you dear Rebecca for the fun walk down memory lane with you tonight. You are the very best. I love you. Sleep tight. Talk to you tomorrow. Your admiring father.

    ReplyDelete