Monday, October 14, 2013

DEAR ELDER...IT WAS COLLEGE WEEK

 Dear Elder Hart,

I love reading your emails !!!!  But I was over the top excited at the snail mail with my address label on it. Love the comments about BYU. NOT ! Believe me, I was used to it by the time I received your letter. I am the “Y” in a “U” fan base. 

Yes...BYU lost, but I want “U” to know that I was a good “SPORT” I was sure to congratulate all the “Ute” Supporters on their win.

The following week was college week in which we were to decorate our doors with the college of our choice. I share a room with a “UTE” and so we were a house (door) divided...living proof that both "Y" fans and "U" fans can work in peace and harmony.


I went shopping for things showing Cougar Pride and let me tell “U”...
“UTE” memorabilia overshadowed “Cougar” items ten to one...so I ended up buying a few things for “U” . I on the other hand, had to create my own trinkets. I ended up making my own necklace and earrings. Let me know if“U” would like a pair :)


Joy (teacher across the hall) had the door that scored the victory win with her fancy schmanzy “U” wreathe. Hence, the “U”wins again and again I show TRUE BLUE COUGAR sportsmanship.

just a word about COLLEGE WEEK 
with an emphasis on continuing education
sponsers COLLEGE WEEK
events are planned to bring exposure to life after high school...
information and how to prepare
for college, university, trade school
and more were part of the week's activities.
the faculty decorated classroom doors
according to the school from which
each earned their degree.
8th grade prepared with a practice ACT test.
9th grade took a field trip to the
university of utah.
surveys were taken to determine fields of interest.
the week then culminated in an answer question panel...
an assembly with a few of ELA's finest teachers
to answer the inquiring minds of the student body
and the school dressed in the college of choice.
college shirts were worn
along with any available accessory... 
there are a whole lot of letters at ELA:
A
USO
U of U
U
BYU
Y
KSU
M
Mr.
Ms.
Miss
Mrs.
PhD
MED
BS
BA
MPE
and from near
south jordan
alpine
sugarhouse
to far away places
germany
liverpool
and who knows
where else?
we are
a diverse
group.





No comments:

Post a Comment