Saturday, July 6, 2013

DEAR ELDER.COM (SISTERS AND COUPLES TOO)


Dear Elder,

Where have you been all my life? As a young woman that had a love for the gospel and a desire to be a number one faithfully devoted missionary supporter ...
(to a sister friend i looked up to, brothers, cousins, friends,  potentials I had dated...President and Sister Hart, past students...) ! In other words, I mailed numerous letters,

sent handmade homemade care packages and coupon items upon request.


and holiday goodies. In my day, it required a great deal of planning and organization. Postage varied as did the date of arrival. Packages going to the Dominican Republic had to be prepared and to the post office months in advance, where in New York, no more than a week.
Some of my packages were destroyed at customs. Then there was the waiting game. Send a letter. Wait for mail delivery. Wait for P-Day. Wait to have a letter written and mailed. Wait on the postal system. Wait for a letter to arrive. Wait to know if the package was received. Sometimes I would forget the question that I had asked earlier and the one that was answered weeks later.
and while i waited
nan beck made count downs:
 the motnhs, the weeks, the days  for me to color

Today, I am JUST THINKING that you have made the whole process more efficient and reduced the amount of stress and waiting. I do not pay for stamps. I do not have to check for proper postage, strange addresses, mail pouches and possible transfers. You have provided numerous options from cookies and care packages and so much more. Should I choose to set up an account, I can pay you to send cheer and encouragement through your clever goodies and gifts. I am only beginning to understand all that you do and will investigate further. In the meantime,

Poll

What is your favorite Holiday?
 Halloween
 Thanksgiving
 Christmas

 Valentine's Day
DearElder.com provides free letter-delivery service to the Provo MTC and all pouch missions. Choose a mission and click the appropriate button.

Instructions
Send Cookies
Write a Letter
 
Missionary Care Packages
Delicious, fresh-baked gourmet cookies in a decorative missionary care package are a great way to lift your missionary's spirits and show your support.
Missionary Websites
Congratulations to Paulette Comstock for creating July's LDS missionary website of the month! Click below to create a website for your missionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment