Saturday, December 14, 2013

BE STILL

i had placed a few decorations upon the mantle,
but we had yet to purchase a 
christmas tree.
noah handcrafted the wood box at scouts...perfect for a stable
christmas? 
really? christmas?
for some reason it came
awfully quick this year
i felt unprepared and frazzled.

my son deserved
a happy christmas
with the same kind of fun
and holiday cheer
i experienced as a child.
noah made the cheerful santa at school
"the gingerbread house !
we will decorate a gingerbread house."

as i was returning home,
my mind raced with all
i had hoped would be done...

in my search for jesus,
i found myself thinking of a christmas gift past
the painting of jesus
my husband surprised me with
BE STILL

i opened the door
there was a scent of soapy clean
and the sound of a newly purchased
carpet cleaner.
stains cleaned.
cushions and pillows in the process.
i could scarcely believe...
elves in the workshop??? 


noah and i decorated 
the gingerbread house.
excitement crept in little by little
as i passed by the front room
i noticed a beautiful painting upon my wall...
how could he possibly know my thoughts?
that was the first gift of christmas
i let out a scream
of delight.

it feels like home.
that night,
i felt to 
BE STILL
and be in the moment.








No comments:

Post a Comment