Saturday, August 3, 2013

BACK TO SCHOOL ???

the second day of school
was "BACK TO SCHOOL 
MORNING"
for the parents
and so
noah and myself went to school together.
this was my opportunity to meet noah's teacher,
become familiar with classroom policies and expectations.
noah went to his classroom
while the parents went to a general meeting in the gym...
"jordan ridge air conditioning project on schedule"
YEA !
while the students were at recess,
parents visited temporay classrooms 
at this temporary school.
i sat in noah's desk at the front of the classroom
YEA !
i saw noah was seated next to one of his best friends
that could be
YEA ! or NAY !
the school is also participating in the 
so i have an advantage in the vocabulary department
YEA !
transfer vocab into action
YEA when it happens...
 as a child,
my parents would attend a
"BACK TO SCHOOL" night.
the following morning,
i would find a handwritten note
from them
somewhere inside my desk.
i can't begin to express
the feelings
that accompanied such a 
simple,
thoughtful,
gesture.
quickly,
i tore a piece of paper and wrote
a note to my son.
i glanced around the room
and thought this poster ought to hang in my home
with a few adjustments

1.  RIGHT TO 
THRIVE AND GROW
my responsibility is to make sure i am improving daily
and allowing others to do the same
2.  RIGHT TO FEEL SAFE
respect others
3.  RIGHT TO MY THINGS
respect my property 
and the property of others
4.  RIGHT TO AN 
INOFFENSIVE
ENVIRONMENT
talk nice and participate in 
appropriate and wholesome activity

i too have responsibilities to help my family be
successful

where do i begin?



No comments:

Post a Comment